First and foremost, this is how I did my mother's other crx. If you are not capable of dealing with wires, do not try this. You will fuck something up. Do NOT pm me for help. Each wire tuck is different and troubleshooting wiring over the net is about as difficult as trying to win INC ROTM with an ef hatch.
Anyways, you shitheads, here it is. Pay attention, put on a bib, and take notes.
This one has a cr-vtec in it, and was my old dB Drag racecar. I used to use this one to compete in car stereo competitions back in 2006. It sat in my garage pretty much undriven for most of 2007 and 2008. She always liked the car and ended up trading me her nice blue one for this one.
Anyways, I didn't take pics of the car "before" I started, but here's what it looked like awhile back:
I got the car today and took a "before" under hood pic:
I jacked it up and yanked the fenders, front end and battery out.
Notice the jackstands. Anytime you do work long term, use jackstands. Not jacks....jackstands. I'm not trying to read about any of you guys getting hurt because of this.
Enough of that shit...pics:
Remove all of these little brackets. Some have bolts, so just yank them out.
Some of them have a clip that goes into the body. Using a panel tool, just pop them out.
Kind of a loose shot.
These little clips hold the loom to the body. As you pull, cut these loose. I'll explain why later.
Yank out the windsheild cleaner solution bottle.
Unplug the headlights and the ground plug.
Remove the sockets from the harness.
Dangling harness so far.
Remove the resistor box and put it aside. This is it's plug.
This is the "warning" wires for the brake fluid. Simply tape these off on BOTH ends. These will not be hooked back up. Some folks will bitch about this, but I check my fluids weekly, so it's not needed for me.
These are some more examples of those clips thast need to be removed. It helps to cut them off so when pulling wires through grommets/holes, they don't get snagged.
Open the harness up and take note of the wires. All of them are uniquely colored, so this will be pretty simple.
This plug went to the windshield wiper thingy. Since it's not being used, I can just slide that unused wire out and remove the ground as well. 1 less wire to deal with.
Plug the headlights back up and run the wires back through.
These are the screws needed to make a ground. 1 is a starwasher, one is a self tapping screw and the other is a screw that comes with Pioneer radios.
Scrape off some paint and use the self tapper to make the hole.
Now put the Pioneer screw through the ground plug and then put the starwasher on.
And screw it in. The Pioneer screw is a larger thread than the self tapper, so it gets a solid grip. The starwasher helps dig into the paint. Grounds are crucial, so make sure this is solid!
Pull the harness through the firewall.
And this is what ya have so far:
This plug is needed to set timing, so it has to be accessble (I know I spelled it wrong, get over it.).
I pulled it out the loom, cut it shorter to be closer to the reisitor box area, soldered and taped it up.
This grommet is where I will be bringing the wires through.
Before I bring it in, I need to remove the huge boot and tape up the wires to bring them through.
Using a "unibit", I drilled the hole larger in the OEM grommet.
I also slit it so I can pop it back in.
and it's back on.
This next piece is called a "c-clamp". It hold down bundles of wires. This is good to use so that the wire bundle doesn't move around overtime wearing a hole in the loom or coating.
Next up is 3m strip caulk. This is used to seal up holes. It never dries, and the hotter it gets, it is more pliable. In fact, overtime it will "seep in" to the grooves of the loom sealing it further.
Roll it out like a tootsie roll.
And wrap it around the loom.
This seals up around the hole preventing anything from getting in. This may be overkill, but overkill is my business and wiring is something you don't want to half-ass.
I'm only being super detailed on this side. I will still show what's going on on the other side, just in not as much detail, as it would be redundant.
Wires stripped back on the car side and interior side.
Box O' wire. I save all wires leftover from alarms and other stuff for projects like this.
Measure out the wire and connect both ends.
I took the grounds from the car side and gave them their own solid ground.
All the wires connected.
Soldered, taped, loomed, and fastened up.
Pulled the injector harness off.
Loosen the clutch off the tranny and pull it off, letting it hang on the driver side.