Thread: 97 ford f350 powerstroke (turbo diesel) dually, 5 speed, 2wd, body kit, $12,500 obo

Thanks

Default 97 ford f350 powerstroke (turbo diesel) dually, 5 speed, 2wd, body kit, $11,000 obo

Hey there, first let me thank you for your interest in my truck secondly i'd like to mention that I do not need to sell this truck however I will sell for the right price to help with some of my other projects. I am slightly negotiable on the price and will entertain any kind of trade, however regardless of the trade I will not take less then $7000 cash + trade/s for the truck. Also i'll knock $500 off for anyone who is a circle track racer (asphalt or dirt)....this truck has only been owned by racers (some who race NASCAR now) and i'd like to keep it that way if possible hence the incentive.

I have a 1997 ford powerstroke dually turbo diesel , 2 wheel drive, 5 speed manual transmission for sale located near charlotte, nc. The truck has about 183,xxx original miles and runs/pulls/brakes/shifts/etc great, power windows/locks/brakes/steering , cruise control, AC/heat etc. It has NO leaks and burns NO oil that I am aware of, has dual tanks and is bone stock as far as I know. I just got done pulling a unloaded 38' gooseneck through the mountains and it got about 12 mpg. I am positive you would get more with a few upgrades, for example it still has the stock downpipe which as you all know is a bit restrictive. As I am told from the previous owner the "body kit" is stock....although I have yet to see another f350 with this body kit anywhere. The body is straight and in good condition although if it were going to be a show truck the body kit would need a little attention (such as molding it in and repairing a few small cracks). the truck has 6 new tires (only a few thousand miles on them), new fuel pump (only a few thousand miles) and allegedly a new/rebuilt transmission. The transmission shifts great and doesnt grind at all. The truck has a brake controller installed and multiple hookups on the back for the trailers electrical system. The truck has a welded in hide away style gooseneck hitch and the standard bumper pull hitch. The truck has cloth interior that is in great condition and even still has stock radio. The only known "issue" the truck has is that it is missing the cover for one of the running lights on the roof.

If I recall correctly I am the fourth owner, I am a race car driver myself and it has only been owned by race car drivers, the previous owner was David Ragan who currently races in NASCAR. So if you live in the charlotte/concord area its possible you have seen this truck before.

If you have questions or are interested i'll reply the quickest via chevyracer5613@aol.com or 706-533-0423 , the truck is first come first serve so whoever brings the cash first gets the title haha. I'd be more then happy to let you test drive the truck but please no tire kickers.

On a additional note I also have a 38' gooseneck (30' deck) trailer for sale, its in great structural condition however it could use some cosmetic work. If you know anyone that can get a deal on sheet aluminum you could reskin the entire inside/outside of the trailer for about $1200 (20 sheets of 4x12') in material which is what I will do if it doesnt sell. The trailer has a onan 7000 watt built in generator that seems to run fine, it also has a aluminum observation deck and lights that are not installed yet. I am asking $7000 for the trailer as is, or would do a package deal for truck and trailer at $17,500 ($17,000 if you race) .

Thanks for your time,
    David
    More pictures:
    http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w...%20for%20sale/

Last edited by chevyracer5613; 07-29-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Inc Negro League #10 88shpquest's Avatar

Thanks

think thats the first time i have seen a body kit on a ford f350

but glwts bet it would make a good tow rig for the weekend racers

Thanks

88shpquest- I have never seen a body kit for the OBS (old body style) f350's prior to getting this truck, and only a few for the newer model. Thanks, and it would make a great tow rig, it'll pull just about anything anywhere the only reason I am getting rid of it is because I got a new truck.

Inc Negro League #10 88shpquest's Avatar

Thanks

Your right about it being able to pull anything, i cant count how many stumps my dad has pulled out the ground with his f350 dually. Plus if im correct banks makes a upgrade kit for this....would deff be a good sleeper. I think you might need to post this on a forum that is geared more towards trucks. Everyone knows INC is full of Cheapos lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 88shpquest View Post
    Everyone knows INC is full of Cheapos lol
    true story
    Quote Originally Posted by LandoAWD View Post
    I have the "odd" desire to ride it like a bucking plow-mule...

Thanks

Haha, I have it posted on a few other forums, mainly powerstroke/ford forums and craigslist, I have had a few bites but no offers that I am satisfied with yet. Banks does make a upgrade for these trucks, namely a intercooler kit, however the turbos on this year truck (mainly the wheel) is a upgrade for later model powerstrokes. If you upgrade the downpipe and add a chip these trucks will run surprisingly fast for what it is

Thanks

*update as of 6/11/10 I have had two decent offers, I will leave the truck up for sale for one more week then sell to highest bidder so feel free to make offers......open to partial trades

Thanks,
    David

Thanks

Just incase anyone is wondering I found a site where you can order that body kit from, and apparently a different bumper originally came with the kit. I will include the link below for the company that sells the parts although I am still not sure of the name brand/style body kit.
    http://www.vsales.com/pro_ge_pdfs/fo...ally_4door.PDF
    here is what it'd look like with the front bumper and a few other pieces

Thanks

*update*
    Truck is now on ebay with new pictures and more information, reserve is set slightly below KBB value
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...90747896#v4-40

Thanks

*update* Price reduced to $11,000 and new pictures added

Thanks

Found out from another member that some people may not like the "body kit", as such i'd be willing to remove it and slightly reduce the price. All offers and partial trades considered.

Thanks,
    David

Thanks

*update* I got an offer for $9500........curious if there are any higher bidders? if so shoot me an email Chevyracer5613@aol.com

Thanks

Default PowerStroke

re: powerstroke

this is my first diesel truck that I've ever had and I'll tell you what, I will never not own another powerstroke engine.

Thanks

They are indeed great trucks, as a matter of fact this truck has been the most reliable truck I have ever had and it'll pull just about anything you throw at it!

Thanks

Default Ford F-350

Quote Originally Posted by chevyracer5613 View Post
    Found out from another member that some people may not like the "body kit", as such i'd be willing to remove it and slightly reduce the price. All offers and partial trades considered.

Thanks,
    David
    I would be willing to purchased the body kit if you are going to remove it.

Thanks

I am looking for a body kit for my F-350 dually

Rick

Thanks

Rickwms9912, this thread is almost four years old. You're not going to get a reply from the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher103 View Post
    She will be an excellent pole dancer and have a throat made of weapon's grade titanium. No gag reflexes.

Thanks

Rick, despite what Mr. Atminside has to say, I actually have one of these body kits for sale. Send your money order to mEngrEncIvc@aol.com for $320 and I'll ship it anywhere in the continental US.

-the artist formerly known as whatisjdm.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to niccer For This Useful Post:

jaspergtr (03-19-2014), naga77777 (03-19-2014)

Thanks

Don't forget to mark as a 'gift' to keep the price lower...